Welcome to Olson & Olson, LLP’s Application Process!
If you are interested in a career with Olson & Olson, LLP, please review our job postings below and submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon review of your resume, you may be asked to complete an application for employment.
Resumes are retained for one year and only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
It is important that you document all relevant education, skills, and experience you possess.
Olson & Olson, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identify or expression, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Title: Paralegal
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Location: Houston, Texas
- Paralegal requires familiarity with commonly used legal terms.
- Reviews and prepares files, analyzes, organizes and tracks case files.
- Electronically files in the mandated e-filing Courts.
- Drafts and responds to various correspondences, discovery requests such as Requests for Admissions, Requests for Production, and Interrogatories.
- Calendars discovery deadlines, hearings, and docket control orders for trials.
- Acts as liaison between courts, clerks, attorneys and the public as needed.
- Calendars, organizes, coordinates and attends various meetings with attorneys as needed.
- Assists and attends court hearings, depositions, and meetings with attorney as needed.
- Becomes familiar with the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Demonstrates an ability to locate relevant rules needed to complete tasks assigned.
- Organizes assignments with minimal attorney direction.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Applicants will be required to take a Paralegal Skills Assessment.
- There is no passing score required. This is just an assessment of your skills in Legal Terminology and Microsoft Word.
Bachelor’s Degree in legal support services or closely related field OR
- Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies OR
- A Paralegal Certificate OR
- Seven (7) years of Paralegal Experience.
- Familiar with the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize work priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to locate relevant rules needed to complete tasks assigned.
Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.
8:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m. / Monday – Friday
Subject to Early Mornings, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays As Needed
Will Be Discussed During Departmental Interview.
This position may close at any time at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Submit your resume to: email@example.com