State Bar of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Courts, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Courts, Western District of Texas
U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Oklahoma
Texas Board of Legal Specializations, Labor & Employment
Memberships & Associations
Greater Houston Partnership, Member
Harris County Bar Association
Texas State Bar, Employment Law Section
National Employment Lawyers Association
Texas Employment Lawyers Association
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association Labor & Employment Section, Former Board Member, Former Chair
Tarrant County Bar Association
Tarrant County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section, Former Board Member, Chair, 2008-2009
Society of Human Resources Management Association, Fort Worth
J. L. Turner Legal Association
Bobby Lee is certified as a specialist in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has litigated hundreds of matters involving both employees and employers, with the majority of his practice devoted to employment-law matters, and other part involving various tort actions both outside and inside the workplace. Cases have involved Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Mine Safety and Health Administration, National Labor Relations Act, Railway Labor Act, Labor Management Relations Act, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act, and Texas Payday laws. He also has handles matters regarding intentional infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, negligence, breach of contract, defamation/slander, violations of Sabine Pilot, violations of non-compete agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of duty of loyalty, unfair competition, and other miscellaneous administrative ordinances. Other areas of experience include union contract negotiations and grievances between union/municipal employees and employers, as well as counseling and training of managers and employees on proper employment law practices. Prior to working in the private sector, Bobby served as an Assistant City Attorney in the City of Houston’s Labor and Employment section, and later as an Associate Attorney for the largest labor and employment defense firm in the United States. Bobby is currently certified as an arbitrator with American Arbitration Association and mediates matters for various law firms.
Doctor of Jurisprudence
University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1993
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance
University of Houston, 1988
Professional Legal Experience
Olson & Olson LLP | Houston, Texas | 2020 – present | Attorney
Lee & Braziel, LLP | Dallas, Texas | 2005 – 2019 | Attorney
Heygood, Orr & Reyes | Irving, Texas | 2002 – 2004 | Attorney, Employment Law Section Chief
Littler Mendelson | Dallas, Texas | 1997 – 2002 | Attorney
City of Houston | Houston, Texas | 1993 – 1997 | Assistant City Attorney, Labor & Employment Section
At Olson & Olson, Bobby Lee specializes in labor and employment defense matters as well as ad valorem tax litigation. He is poised to counsel and train clients on compliance with state and federal employment laws, including corporate policies that deal with harassment, discrimination, accommodations, and medical leave.
Articles, Publications, Presentations
- “Non-Traditional Workforce Issues: Joint Employers, Independent Contractors, and Special Employees,” ADVANCED EMPLOYMENT LAW FOR EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYMENT LAWYERS, University of Houston Law Foundation, 2007 ed.
- “Labor and Employment Law Update,” National Bar Association, 2001
- “Preventing Unfair Competition, Protecting Confidential Business Information and Enforcing Covenants Not to Compete,” chapter 7, TEXAS EMPLOYER, 2002 ed.
- “The Rights of Privacy in Texas and Employee Investigations,” chapter 5, TEXAS EMPLOYER, 2001 and 2000 eds.
- “Texas Law Related to Workplace Violence,” chapter 4, TEXAS EMPLOYER, 1999 ed.; “Texas Employment Law Torts,” chapter 3, TEXAS EMPLOYER, 1998 ed.
- “Statutory Rights Afforded Texas Employees,” chapter 6, TEXAS EMPLOYER, 1997 ed.
- SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: ”Valuing Your Case & Persuading Others You are Right, National Employment Lawyers Association Conference, San Antonio, 2017
- Moderator for Judicial Panels in 2014 & 2015, Dallas Bar Labor & Employment Section
- “21st Century Trends in Discrimination Laws,” Texas Bar Advanced Employment Law Course, Dallas, 2012
- “Changing Sides of the Docket,” Texas Bar Labor & Employment Law Update, San Antonio, 2012
- “Developments in Disability Discrimination Laws,” Texas Bar Advanced Employment Law Course, Austin, 2011
- “Non-Traditional Workforce Issues: Joint Employers, Independent Contractors, and Special Employees,” University of Houston Advanced Employment Course, Dallas & Houston, 2006-07
- “Best Practices to Help Effectively Administer FMLA Leave in Your Organization to Avoid Costly Mistakes,” Council on Education in Management, Dallas, 2006
- “Building an Employment Law Practice,” Labor and Employment Law Conference, University of Texas School of Law, Austin, 2005
- “Labor and Employment Law – Plaintiff’s Case,” Texas Trial Lawyers Association, San Antonio, 2003
- “The Defense Perspective,” National Employment Lawyers Association, Dallas, 2003
- “FMLA and WARN Act Compliance,” Littler Breakfast Briefing, Dallas, 2001
- “HR Competencies Under Attack,” Texas Employer Seminar, Dallas, 2001
- “Management Training Track – From Hiring to Terminations,” Texas Employer Seminar, 2000
- “Employment Law Update,” Seminar of Human Resource Professionals, Denton, TX, 1998